happy father’s day dad!

Photobucket

I love digging through old photos and finding gems like this one…I am the babe in arms, my brother gary is sporting the coolest bowl cut on the planet, and my sister Amy is behind wearing a pretty sweet little bonnet…and that handsome man is my Dad…

My Dad is pretty much amazing…he is one of the most intelligent people I know…he is a physician and a lawyer…and has always worked hard for his family.  Dad, you are such an example of so many things to me…but I am most grateful for your wisdom and generosity.  I think this point in my life, I can appreciate those things most as I watch you and Mom give constantly to all of your children and grandchildren.  You both always put yourselves last…and most the time you probably never even get back to the point of focusing on yourself…before it is time to give again.  Thank you so much Dad for being the “papa” that my girls love so dearly (and Adam too!) and thank you SO much for loaning out Mom to all of us when we need a helping hand…I know you are giving too whenever she takes our kiddos to love and watch over so we can catch our breaths and regain sanity! :)  I love you and I am thinking about you on this Father’s Day…

love you Dad!

xoxo

Tonya & family

Pin It
Related Posts with Thumbnails
sharon - June 21, 2009 - 9:32 pm

Oh my favorite thing about this photo is the look on Amy’s face. It is making me laugh right now. She is just so “not wanting to pose”. I LOVE it. Happy Father’s Day Gene!
Love you all,
Sharon:)

Gena - June 21, 2009 - 11:26 pm

Amen, sista! Dad is the coolest person… ever! (Well, besides Mom) :)

Thanks for letting me hang with you yesterday :) You are so fun. :_)

Love ya!

kim Loudon - June 22, 2009 - 12:39 am

CUTE PIC! I was thinking of you today and just wanted to tell you that I think you are amazing! Not only do you have 4 LITTLE kids, you are sooooooooo stinking talented… sewing, photography, decorating, and you are a great writer etc. I don’t know how you do it all. I love your blog…always helps me remember to live in the moment with my crazies. Love ya, Kim

Herlehy - June 22, 2009 - 1:39 am

That is a darling photo! I love old photos. Hope you and your family had a great Father’s Day!

PamperingBeki - June 23, 2009 - 2:53 pm

Oh this is so cute!

Susan - June 28, 2009 - 2:55 am

Tonya,
Thanks for this sweet Father’s Day tribute to Dad. I love this photo. We were living at Tucson, Arizona when this July Pioneer Day photo was taken…and it would have been HOT, very, very hot! Love you, Mom

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.

T W I T T E R