What books are similar to the road?
Blood MeridianCormac McCarthyNo Country for Old MenCormac McCarthyAll the Pretty HorsesCormac McCarthyChild of GodCormac McCarthySuttreeCormac McCarthyThe CrossingCormac McCarthy
The Road/People also search for
How do I survive the apocalypse book?
Here are the top five books you’ll need to survive the zombie apocalypse.
- The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman.
- Badass Prepper’s Handbook: Everything You Need to Know to Prepare Yourself for the Worst by James Henry.
- Zombies Have Issues by Greg Stones.
- The Backyard Beekeeper’s Honey Handbook by Kim Flottum.
How do you start a post-apocalyptic novel?
Always, always, always – start with a bang. A post-apocalyptic novel is a genre novel, and all genre novels have a sense of adventure to them. So, don’t start your novel by having the protagonist go through his morning rites, and then introduce the important phone call that changes everything.
Is post-apocalyptic dystopian?
What is a Post-Apocalyptic Dystopian novel? Post-apocalyptic dystopian novels usually take place after some kind of disaster, being man-made or natural. Civilization is trying to pull itself together and dystopian tendencies appear.
What do you read after on the road?
So today, I’ve dug through the annals of post apocalyptic fiction, and uncovered a handful of books like The Road.
- Cormac McCarthy’s Bleakest Books.
- 1) The Gunslinger – Stephen King.
- 2) The Death of Grass – John Christopher.
- 3) On the Beach – Nevil Shute.
- 4) The Postman – David Brin.
- 5) The Children of Men – PD James.
What do you read after the stand?
6 Books to Read if You Loved The Stand by Stephen King
- The Postman by David Brin.
- Swan Song by Robert McCammon.
- The Dog Stars by Peter Heller.
- Station Eleven by Emily St.
- Black Feathers by Joseph D’Lacey.
- Earth Abides by George R.
What is the best post-apocalyptic novel?
Here are the top 15 best post-apocalyptic books to read:
- 8I Am Legend by Richard Matheson.
- 7One Second After by William R Forstchen.
- 6A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M.
- 5The Passage by Justin Cronin.
- 4Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank.
- 2Swan Song by Robert McCammon.
- 1The Book of M: A Novel by Peng Shepherd.
How do you rebuild society after an apocalypse book?
4 Books For Rebuilding Your Civilization After The Apocalypse
- The Knowledge: How to Rebuild Civilization in the Aftermath of a Cataclysm by Lewis Dartnell.
- How to Build Your Own Country by Valerie Wyatt and Fred Rix.
- American Grown : The Story of the White House Kitchen Garden and Gardens Across America by Michelle Obama.
What makes a good apocalypse story?
Having clear cut characters makes the story much smoother and allows for their individuality to shine. Especially in a post-apocalyptic story, where often the conflict is how a character or a group of characters react to the world around them (which in most cases has a character all its own).
How do I restart my society?
A 7-Step Guide for Rebooting Civilization After the Apocalypse
- Survive the immediate aftermath.
- Scavenge what you need.
- Reconstruct the calendar.
- Restart a chemical industry.
- Tree-powered cars.
- Reestablish contact with remote communities of other survivors.
- How to relearn all else.
What should I read after Kerouac?
Hunter S. Thompson. 9,071 followers.
What is Stephen King’s best selling book?
Released in 1977, King’s The Shining has become nothing shy of a cultural phenomenon. Not only is it his top-rated book on Goodreads, but it’s also by far the best-selling book of his career.
How many Deathlands books are there?
There are 68 books in this series.
How do you restart after the apocalypse?