How can we get multiple result sets from a stored procedure using Entity Framework?
In order to get multiple result sets working we need to drop to the ObjectContext API by using the IObjectContextAdapter interface. Once we have an ObjectContext then we can use the Translate method to translate the results of our stored procedure into entities that can be tracked and used in EF as normal.
How can we retrieve multiple result sets from a stored procedure in Jdbctemplate?
You can use the resultSet. getMetaData() method to work out what columns are in the data: ResultSetMetaData meta = resultSet. getMetaData(); int colcount = meta.
Can you have multiple SELECT statements in a stored procedure?
Each procedure has one or more statements. In our case, these are SQL statements. So, you can write a procedure that will – insert new data, update or delete existing, retrieve data using the SELECT statement. And even better, you can combine more (different statements) in the stored procedures.
How do you return a result set from a stored procedure?
To return a result set from an SQL procedure:
- Specify the DYNAMIC RESULT SETS clause in the CREATE PROCEDURE statement.
- DECLARE the cursor using the WITH RETURN clause.
- Open the cursor in the SQL procedure.
- Keep the cursor open for the client application – do not close it.
Which method is used to execute SQL statement which return multiple result?
The “execute” method executes a SQL statement and indicates the form of the first result. You can then use getResultSet or getUpdateCount to retrieve the result, and getMoreResults to move to any subsequent result(s). getResultSet returns the current result as a ResultSet.
How do you use RowMapper?
- Step 1 − Create a JdbcTemplate object using a configured datasource.
- Step 2 − Create a StudentMapper object implementing RowMapper interface.
- Step 3 − Use JdbcTemplate object methods to make database operations while using StudentMapper object.
How do I combine two query results in SQL?
In this step, you create the union query by copying and pasting the SQL statements.
- On the Create tab, in the Queries group, click Query Design.
- On the Design tab, in the Query group, click Union.
- Click the tab for the first select query that you want to combine in the union query.
Is it possible to send multiple parameters in procedures?
Create SQL Server Stored Procedure with Multiple Parameters Setting up multiple parameters is very easy to do. You just need to list each parameter and the data type separated by a comma as shown below.
What is dynamic result set in stored procedure?
The DYNAMIC RESULT SETS clause specifies the maximum number of result sets to be returned. DECLARE CURSOR statement WITH RETURN clause. The WITH RETURN clause specifies that the cursor to be opened is a result set cursor to be returned to the client or to the caller.
How do I return a stored procedure from resultset in SQL Server?
To create a stored procedure that returns result sets:
- Use the DYNAMIC RESULT SETS clause in the CREATE/REPLACE PROCEDURE statement to specify the number of result sets the stored procedure returns.
- Use a DECLARE CURSOR statement to declare a result set cursor for each result set the stored procedure returns.
What is No_browsetable?
from KB. SET NO_BROWSETABLE ON is an undocumented option performed for Remote Data Service (RDS) ActiveX Data Connector (ADC) connections to SQL Server.
How to create a stored procedure with two result sets?
To create it you just need to put at least two select statements in the Stored Procedure definition. CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.usp_WithTwoResultSets AS SELECT ‘First result set.’ AS Result; SELECT ‘Second result set.’ AS Result; GO EXEC dbo.usp_WithTwoResultSets; SELECT ‘First result set.’ AS Result; SELECT ‘Second result set.’ AS Result;
Is it possible to access multiple result sets in T-SQL?
The major point was, in T-SQL it’s just impossible to access multiple result sets if stored procedure returns them. In our project, there are 2 or may be 3 procedures, which only return 1 result set.
Can I run two queries in one stored procedure?
A combination of two queries within one Stored Procedure makes code less reusable. You need to execute all queries even if you’re interested only in getting one result set. That can significantly decrease overall code performance. There is no possibility to process multiple returned result sets in T-SQL.
What are stored procedures in SQL Server?
– Simple Talk Using Stored Procedures in SQL Server that return several results. Using Stored Procedures in SQL Server that return several results. Stored Procedures give you more freedom than functions, and so they would be the obvious way of developing processes in SQL Server.