How do I run a query in IBM db2?
- Start the command line processor, and set command line processor options.
- Run SQL statements to query and modify data.
- Terminate the command line processor, and restart it with a different set of options.
- Create and call a stored procedure.
How do I use XQuery?
Your First XQuery
- Select File > New > XQuery File …
- Enter the query (as above) into the editing pane.
- Select File > Save As and choose a file name.
- Click the Preview Result button.
How do I run a batch file in DB2?
- Create the Db2 command line processor input file in z/OS UNIX System Services.
- Change to the directory that contains the input file that you created in the previous step.
- Start the Db2 command line processor with a command like this one: db2 +c -s -f file-name.
How do I start a Db2 database?
db2start – Start Db2 command
- db2start can be executed as a system command or a CLP command.
- Start Db2 at the server before connecting to a database, precompiling an application, or binding a package to a database.
- The db2start command launches the Db2 database product installation as a Windows service.
What is the significance of XQuery and XPath?
XPath is a xml path language that is used to select nodes from an xml document using queries. XQuery is used to extract and manipulate data from either xml documents or relational databases and ms office documents that support an xml data source.
How can we use two queries in one stored procedure?
It is simple — just add a parameter to the stored procedure. Depending on this parameter we are going to execute the appropriate operations….Here is the stored procedure:
- Createprocedure [dbo].
- BEGINIF @Reqtype=’SELECT’
- SELECT empid,
How do I get XML from a DB2 database?
Retrieving Db2 data with XQuery functions In XQuery, a query can call one of the following functions to obtain input XML data from a Db2 database: db2-fn:sqlquery and db2-fn:xmlcolumn. The function db2-fn:xmlcolumn retrieves an entire XML column, whereas db2-fn:sqlquery retrieves XML values that are based on an SQL fullselect. db2-fn:xmlcolumn
How do I get the result of a fullselect in DB2?
The db2-fn:sqlquery function takes a string argument that represents a fullselect and returns an XML sequence that is a concatenation of the XML values that are returned by the fullselect. The fullselect must specify a single-column result set, and the column must have a data type of XML.
How does db2-fn handle uppercase and lowercase names?
The string that is passed to db2-fn:sqlquery is interpreted as an SQL query and is parsed by the SQL parser, which converts all names to uppercase. Thus, in the db2-fn:sqlquery example, the table name business.orders and the column names purchase_order and ship_date can appear in either uppercase or lowercase.