How do I create an rpm?
How to create an RPM package
- A workstation or a virtual machine running an RPM-based distribution, such RHEL or Fedora.
- Software to build the package.
- Source code to package.
- SPEC file to build the RPM.
How do I run an rpm file in AIX?
- Ensure that there is at least 150 MB of free space in the /opt file system.
- To install the RPM files, choose one of the following options:
- Download the RPM files to the current working directory from the IBM AIX® Toolbox for Linux Applications website by issuing the following command: download-prerequisites.sh.
What is rpm in AIX?
RPM uses the Berkeley database (Berkeley DB) to keep track of each installed package and its delivered files. AIX installp uses the AIX ODM. Most RPM packages depend on basic AIX libraries and executables (like libc. a and ksh). These files are not provided by an RPM package, so RPM is unaware of their existence.
Does AIX support rpm?
Answer. RPM packages from the AIX Toolbox for Open Source Software site are not supported through AIX support; however, assistance with installing or configuring those packages is available through the “AIX Open Source Community Discussion” forum.
How do I create a kernel RPM?
5.5. Creating a Custom Kernel RPM
- On the frontend, check out the Rocks source code.
- Change into the directory:
- Create a kernel “config” file and put it in config-
- Update version.mk .
- Build the kernel:
- Copy the resulting RPMs into the current distribution:
- Rebuild the distribution:
How do you build an RPM on a tarball?
How to create an RPM package from a tarball
- Step One: Install rpm Package.
- Step Two: Create Directory Structure and Land Your Source File.
- Step Three: Utilize a Skeleton File for Reusability.
- Step Four: Configuring Your RPM Package Spec File.
- Step Five: Build and Install the RPM Package.
What is Yum AIX?
IBM® AIX® Toolbox contains a collection of open source and GNU software built in RPM Package Manager (RPM) format for IBM AIX systems. Yellowdog Updater, Modified (YUM) is an open source command line package management utility for RPM packages. It is a tool for installing, removing, querying, and managing RPM packages.
How do I uninstall an RPM?
Uninstalling Using the RPM Installer
- Execute the following command to discover the name of the installed package: rpm -qa | grep Micro_Focus.
- Execute the following command to uninstall the product: rpm -e [ PackageName ]
How create RPM SRC RPM?
Rebuild the SRPM in One Step The quickest way to rebuild the SRPM is to use the rpmbuild –rebuild command. This command will unpack the SRPM file into the specfile and the source files, and then it will build the RPM from the instructions on the specfile.
What RPM command does?
RPM (Red Hat Package Manager) is an default open source and most popular package management utility for Red Hat based systems like (RHEL, CentOS and Fedora). The tool allows system administrators and users to install, update, uninstall, query, verify and manage system software packages in Unix/Linux operating systems.
Does Yum work on AIX?
Installing YUM (which is being replaced by DNF) on AIX opens the gateway to hundreds of open source commands and application on the AIX / Linux toolbox.
How do I know if RPM is installed?
You can use the following command to display the install date and time of all the packages installed on your system:
- rpm -qa –last.
- rpm -qa –last | grep kernel.
- rpm -q –last filesystem.