How do I edit a calculated column in Spotfire?
Editing a calculated column
- In the Data panel, click on the calculated column and click on the Expand data panel for tools and details button, .
- In the column view of the expanded data panel, locate the Expression section and click Edit.
- Change the expression and click OK when you are done.
How do I change the format of a column in Spotfire?
- In the Data panel, click on the column of interest and click on the Expand data panel for tools and details button, .
- In the expanded data panel, locate the Formatting section and either change the formatting to a different type directly from the drop-down list or click on the Formatting settings button,
How do you edit a data table in Spotfire?
For Spotfire 7.9 and above: A new feature has been added in Spotfire 7.9 onwards to edit the data transformation. Below are the steps: Click on ‘View’ Menu >> Data option and then select the desired data table from the drop down menu in which you want to edit the data transformation.
How do I edit a calculated column?
On the Analyze tab, in the Calculations group, click Fields, Items, & Sets, and then click Calculated Field. In the Name box, select the calculated field for which you want to change the formula. In the Formula box, edit the formula. Click Modify.
How do you change data in a column?
First, specify the table name that you want to change data in the UPDATE clause. Second, assign a new value for the column that you want to update. In case you want to update data in multiple columns, each column = value pair is separated by a comma (,). Third, specify which rows you want to update in the WHERE clause.
How do you change data type?
Change data types in Datasheet view
- In the Navigation Pane, locate and double-click the table that you want to change.
- Select the field (the column) that you want to change.
- On the Fields tab, in the Properties group, click the arrow in the drop-down list next to Data Type, and then select a data type.
How do you create a hierarchy in Spotfire?
Creating a Hierarchy Filter
- Right-click anywhere in the Filters panel.
- Select Insert Hierarchy….
- If more than one data table is available in the analysis, specify which Data table to work on.
- Select the columns you want to include in your hierarchy filter from the Available columns list, and click Add >.
How do you do a cumulative sum in Spotfire?
Assuming your data set is in the order you want it to be in when you bring it into SpotFire, do the following:
- Insert a calculated column RowID() and name it RowID.
- Use this calculation: Sum([amount]) over (Intersect([Date],AllPrevious([RowID])))
How do you modify a data table?
How to Edit Data Table Properties
- Select Edit > Data Table Properties.
- Click on the data table to use in the Data tables list. Comment: New data tables are added by selecting File > Add Data Tables….
- Click on the Set as Default button to the right of the Data tables list.
- Click OK.
How do you create a data table in Spotfire?
How to Add Data Tables
- Select File > Add Data Tables….
- Click Add and select the type of data to add from the drop-down list.
- Select the source data and specify any required settings.
- If desired, specify a new Name for the data table.
Can you edit a calculated field?
How do I create a custom expression in Spotfire?
To create a custom expression:
- Right-click on a column selector on an axis, in a Visualization Properties dialog, or in the Legend, to display the pop-up menu.
- Select Custom Expression….
What is the query that is used to modify the existing data in a table?
The UPDATE statement
The UPDATE statement is used to modify the existing records in a table.
What is hierarchical filter?
A hierarchy filter is a filter type that shows hierarchical data in an expandable tree view. Good examples of data that can be used in a hierarchy filter are date and time information, or geographical data such as continents/countries/cities.