What is a multi-step inequality?
Introduction. Solving multi-step inequalities is very similar to solving equations—what you do to one side you need to do to the other side in order to maintain the “balance” of the inequality. The Properties of Inequality can help you understand how to add, subtract, multiply, or divide within an inequality.
What is the example of multi-step?
For example, the Multi-step income statement of the retailer will have the figure of total sales that includes all the merchandise sales that are made during that period, and the cost of goods sold includes all the expenditures incurred while purchasing, shipping, or conveyance, and getting the merchandise ready for …
What is a multi-step math problem?
Multi-step word problems are maths problems that require multiple calculations to solve them. They will usually will involve more than one operation and often more than one strand from the curriculum. For example a multi-step word problem on area and perimeter may also involve ratio and multiplication.
What are the steps to solve multi-step equations?
Solving Multi-Step Equations
- (Optional) Multiply to clear any fractions or decimals.
- Simplify each side by clearing parentheses and combining like terms.
- Add or subtract to isolate the variable term—you may have to move a term with the variable.
- Multiply or divide to isolate the variable.
- Check the solution.
What is an example of a multi-step word problem?
Multistep Word Problem Examples Robert had 16 marbles. His brother gave him 3 bags of marbles. If each bag contained 5 marbles, how many marbles does Robert have now? Take your time to read the word problem and understand the situation.
How to solve one-step inequalities?
Solving Single-Step Inequalities by Addition
How do you solve one step inequalities?
– Represent inequalities on a number line. – Use the addition property of inequality to isolate variables and solve algebraic inequalities, and express their solutions graphically. – Use the multiplication property of inequality to isolate variables and solve algebraic inequalities, and express their solutions graphically.
What are the rules of solving inequalities?
Add the same number on both sides.
How to solve multi–step equations?
Remove parentheses by using the distributive property. Then combine like terms on each side.