How do you do inter-VLAN routing in Packet Tracer?
Firstly we will create VLAN 2,3 and 4. Then, we will enter the interface range and configure the interface range as access interface. Lastly, we will assign the interface to a specific VLAN with “switchport access vlan” command. Our VLAN configurations are OK on the switch now.
How do I enable inter-VLAN communication?
- Step 1: Create VLANs (VLANs 10 and 20) on the L2 switch. Description.
- Step 2: Assign the VLANs to the L2 switch ports.
- Step 3: Enable L3 routing and create VLANs (VLANs 10 and 20) on the L3 switch.
- Step 4: Configure Switch VLAN Interfaces (SVI)
- Step 5: Configure a routed port for connecting to the firewall on the L3 switch.
Which two commands should be configured on the subinterface to enable inter-VLAN routing for VLAN 10?
Each subinterface is then configured with the following two commands:
- encapsulation dot1q vlan_id [native]: This command configures the subinterface to respond to 802.1Q encapsulated traffic from the specified vlan-id.
- ip address ip-address subnet-mask: This command configures the IPv4 address of the subinterface.
What are the two common methods used for inter-VLAN routing?
There are three inter-VLAN routing options:
- Legacy Inter-VLAN routing: This is a legacy solution.
- Router-on-a-Stick: This is an acceptable solution for a small- to medium-sized network.
- Layer 3 switch using switched virtual interfaces (SVIs): This is the most scalable solution for medium to large organizations.
What is the difference between VLAN and inter-VLAN?
Virtual LANs ( VLANS ) are networks segments on a switched LAN. Inter-VLAN routing refers to the movement of packets across the network between hosts in different network segments.
What are the 3 different types of inter-VLAN routing methods?
What is the difference between VLAN and inter VLAN?
What is inter VLAN?
Inter-VLAN routing is the process of forwarding network traffic from one VLAN to another VLAN. There are three inter-VLAN routing options: Legacy Inter-VLAN routing: This is a legacy solution. It does not scale well. Router-on-a-Stick: This is an acceptable solution for a small- to medium-sized network.
What is inter-VLAN used for?
What Is Inter-VLAN Routing? (4.1. 1) VLANs are used to segment switched Layer 2 networks for a variety of reasons. Regardless of the reason, hosts in one VLAN cannot communicate with hosts in another VLAN unless there is a router or a Layer 3 switch to provide routing services.