Where are SpamAssassin rules?
If you want to look at the default rules that are distributed with SpamAssassin, they are located by default in /usr/local/share/spamassassin.
How do I configure SpamAssassin?
How to Configure SpamAssassin to Move Spam to Junk Folder (Spam Box)
- Click the ‘Spam Filters’ link on the main cPanel dashboard. Click on “Spam Filters”
- Toggle the ‘Move New Spam to a Separate Folder (Spam Box)’ option. Toggle the “Move New Spam to a Separate Folder (Spam Box)” to “on.”
- Configure Spam Box Settings.
How do I install SpamAssassin on Windows?
To install SpamAssassin as a Windows Service:
- If necessary, download and install SpamAssassin for Windows.
- Download and install AlwaysUp, if necessary.
- Start AlwaysUp.
- Select Application > Add to open the Add Application window:
- On the General tab:
How do I enable SpamAssassin in Plesk?
To switch on SpamAssassin:
- Go to Tools & Settings > Spam Filter (in the Mail group).
- Select the option Switch on server-wide SpamAssassin spam filtering.
- To let your users set their own spam filtering preferences on a per-mailbox basis, select the option Apply individual settings to spam filtering.
What is SpamAssassin score?
The SpamAssassin score tells us how likely an email is to be spam. Each test has a number associated with it, often a small number like 0.1 or –0.2. As messages are analyzed, the software keeps a running total, adding the individual test results to produce a combined score.
How do I whitelist in SpamAssassin?
What to Know
- Open /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf for system-wide safelisting or ~/. spamassassin/user_prefs for yourself.
- Append whitelist_from_rcvd with the address or domain you want to safelist preceded by *@.
- Install and set up the TxRep SpamAssassin plug-in to safelist the addresses you email.
What is a good email spam score?
The higher the positive score is for your email, the higher the probability that the message is spam. Generally, your email should have a score of 5.0 or lower to be considered passing. The lower your score, the more likely your email is going to be received in your subscribers’ inboxes.
How do I whitelist an IP in cPanel?
How To Whitelist CodeGuard IP Addresses in cPanel
- Navigate to Remote SQL. In, cPanel, find the My Databases section, then select “Remote SQL.”
- Enter IPs. Enter the IP Address(es) you want to list in the given field: Whitelist the following IP addresses: 236.233. 236.233. 174.91. 174.153. 212. 174.115. 171.
- Click Add Host.
How do I lower my spamassassin score?
Here are some quick wins to lower your spam score
- Create a text version.
- Avoid usage of spam sensitive words and phrases.
- Use normal text inside hyperlinks, instead of the URL.
- Use a proper from address.
- Use a proper subject line.
- Avoid HTML errors, unsupported techniques, obscure content, obfuscation.
How do I know if my IP is whitelisted?
Click the Firewall icon. Click on the Tools tab. List the crawl IP addresses under the IP Access Rules. Choose Whitelist as the action.
What is Apache SpamAssassin?
Welcome to the home page for the open-source Apache SpamAssassin Project. Apache SpamAssassin is the #1 Open Source anti-spam platform giving system administrators a filter to classify email and block spam (unsolicited bulk email).
What are the features of SpamAssassin?
Features Wide-spectrum: SpamAssassin uses a wide variety of local and network tests to identify spam signatures. Free software: it is distributed under the same terms and conditions as other popular open-source software packages such as the Apache web server.
What is SpamAssassin for Windows?
SpamAssassin for Windows is an application that can be contacted by other applications or services to evaluate emails and thus indicates a probability whether it is an unwanted email or not.
How does SpamAssassin detect spam?
Wide-spectrum: SpamAssassin uses a wide variety of local and network tests to identify spam signatures. This makes it harder for spammers to identify one aspect which they can craft their messages to work around.