What is the best quote from To Kill a Mockingbird?
Here Are the 5 Most Popular To Kill a Mockingbird Quotes
- “Shoot all the bluejays you want, if you can hit ’em, but remember it’s a sin to kill a mockingbird.”
- “Mockingbirds don’t do one thing but make music for us to enjoy.
- “The one thing that doesn’t abide by majority rule is a person’s conscience.”
What are some quotes from the characters in To Kill a Mockingbird?
Terms in this set (26)
- “Inside the house lived a malevolent phantom”
- “a job usually done by one’s parents”
- “He ain’t company Cal, he’s just a Cunningham”
- “You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view – until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.”
What does Harper Lee say in To Kill a Mockingbird?
“Mockingbirds don’t do one thing except make music for us to enjoy. They don’t eat up people’s gardens, don’t nest in corn cribs, they don’t do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That’s why it’s a sin to kill a mockingbird.”
What are some quotes from Chapter 2 of To Kill a Mockingbird?
“Your father does not know how to teach. You can have a seat now. ‘I mumbled that I was sorry and retired meditating upon my crime.” These lines are taken from chapter two when Scout meets her teacher.
What are some quotes that Scout says in to kill a mockingbird?
Jean Louise ‘Scout’ Finch Quotes
- “I learned nothing from you except how to be suspicious.
- “She went to him.
- “She did not stand alone, but what stood behind her, the most potent moral force in her life, was the love of her father.
- “I just don’t like my world disturbed without some warning.”
Why did Atticus say it was a sin to kill a mockingbird?
‘Mockingbirds don’t do one thing but make music for us to enjoy…but sing their hearts out for us. That’s why it’s a sin to kill a mockingbird.”
What are some important quotes from to kill a mockingbird by Scout?
Is to kill a mockingbird a true story?
The plot of To Kill a Mockingbird was reportedly inspired in part by his unsuccessful defense of two African American men—a father and a son—accused of murdering a white storekeeper. The fictional character of Charles Baker (“Dill”) Harris also has a real-life counterpart.
What are some quotes from chapter 3 of To Kill a Mockingbird?
Don’t matter who they are, anybody sets foot in this house’s yo’ comp’ny, and don’t you let me catch you remarkin’ on their ways like you was so high and mighty!” To Kill a Mockingbird, Chapter 3.
What are some important quotes in chapter 1 of To Kill a Mockingbird?
Terms in this set (5)
- “Its a sin to kill a mockingbird.” Atticus.
- “Your father does not know how to teach. You can have a seat now.”
- “Are we poor Atticus?” Scout.
- “Our daddy’s a friend of your daddy’s.
- …”but you ain’t called on to contradict’ em at the table when they don’t.
What are some quotes from Chapter 3 of to kill a mockingbird?
What are some quotes about the family in to kill a mockingbird?
“Aunty,” Jem spoke up, “Atticus says you can choose your friends but you sho’ can’t choose your family, an’ they’re still kin to you no matter whether you acknowledge ’em or not, and it makes you look right silly when you don’t.”
What illness does Boo Radley have?
However, Boo’s autism also serves as an unexpected superpower, because he is impressively hyperaware, highly intelligent, and arguably able to save Scout and Jem since his disability inhibits him from worrying about repercussions the same way other people do.