How do I select text in a text box?
To select text programmatically
- Set the SelectionStart property to the beginning of the text you want to select.
- Set the SelectionLength property to the length of the text you want to select.
- (Optional) Access the selected text through the SelectedText property.
How do you highlight a TextBox?
- Select the text that you want to highlight.
- On the Home tab, select the arrow next to Text Highlight Color .
- Choose a color. The text you selected will be highlighted in the color you chose.
How do you select all input fields of text?
The HTMLInputElement. select() method selects all the text in a element or in an element that includes a text field.
What is searching in C#?
This algorithm will perform a sequential search of item in given array. Every element is checked from start to end and if a match is found the index of matched element will be returned, otherwise -1 will be returned.
What is the difference between TextBox and RichTextBox in C#?
The RichTextBox is similar to the TextBox, but it has additional formatting capabilities. Whereas the TextBox control allows the Font property to be set for the entire control, the RichTextBox allows you to set the Font, as well as other formatting properties, for selections within the text displayed in the control.
How do you highlight something?
How to highlight text on an Android smartphone and tablet. Press and hold down on any text with your finger, drag your finger over the text you’d like to highlight, and then let go.
How do you select input on focus?
- value = “” → this will make the input value to empty string.
- focus() → this method will set focus on the input box.
- select() → this will select the text in the input box.
What is a search string example?
Search Strings A search string is a combination of keywords, truncation symbols, and boolean operators you enter into the search box of a library database or search engine. Example: educat* AND student* gives results that include “education, educator, educating” and “student, students”.
What is difference between label and TextBox?
Labels are for text to be displayed (info for the user), TextBox are when you need to get input from your user or you need an edit operation or allow a copy (Ctrl+C) of the text even when you don’t want any editing. Of course TextBox are more heavy in terms of system resources but the difference is negligible.