How do I install a wireless adapter in Linux?
[Guide] Install Intel Wireless Drivers on Linux
- Go to the Intel Linux Driver Downloads page.
- Download the appropriate driver for your card.
- Download and extract the files in the tarball to your downloads folder or other location.
- Open your terminal and cd into the directory containing the files you just extracted.
How do I fix Ubuntu not connecting to WIFI?
3. Troubleshooting Steps
- Check that your wireless adapter is enabled and that Ubuntu recognizes it: see Device Recognition and Operation.
- Check if drivers are available for your wireless adapter; install them and check them: see Device Drivers.
- Check your connection to the Internet: see Wireless Connections.
How do I fix no Wi-Fi adapter?
What can I do if the Wi-Fi adapter stops working on Windows 10 & 11?
- Update the network drivers (Internet needed)
- Use the Network troubleshooter.
- Reset network adapters.
- Perform a registry tweak with Command Prompt.
- Change the adapter settings.
- Reinstall the network adapter.
- Reset your router.
- Update the router firmware.
How do I install missing drivers on Ubuntu?
Installing additional drivers in Ubuntu
- Step 1: Go to Software Settings. Go to the menu by pressing the Windows key.
- Step 2: Check available additional drivers. Open the ‘Additional Drivers’ tab.
- Step 3: Install the additional drivers. After the installation is complete, you will get a restart option.
How do I install a wireless adapter driver?
Insert the adapter onto your computer.
- Right click Computer, and then click Manage.
- Open Device Manager.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Click Have Disk.
- Click Browse.
- Point to the inf file in the driver folder, and then click Open.