What movies has been remade?
Through new reimaginings of classic movies, remakes are capable of improving the details while maintaining the heart of the original movie.
- ‘West Side Story’ (2021)
- ‘Little Women’ (2019)
- ‘IT: Chapter 1 and 2’ (2017, 2019)
- ‘Casino Royale’ (2006)
- ‘Dune’ (2021)
- ‘The Thing’ (1982)
- ‘A Star Is Born’ (2018)
What is the best sequel of all time?
Poll: Best Movie Sequels
- The Godfather: Part II (1974)
- Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)
- The Dark Knight (2008)
- The Bride of Frankenstein (1935)
- Aliens (1986)
- Toy Story 2 (1999)
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)
What was the first remake?
1. Une partie de cartes (1896), Remake of Partie d’écarté (1896) The Lumière brothers, Auguste and Louis, were among the first filmmakers in history. They began making moving pictures in 1892, even patenting an early film camera called a cinematograph.
What is the next Disney remake?
|Film||Original film||Release date|
|Pinocchio||Pinocchio (1940)||September 8, 2022|
|Peter Pan & Wendy||Peter Pan (1953)||2022|
|The Little Mermaid||The Little Mermaid (1989)||May 26, 2023|
|Snow White||Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)||TBA|
What movies have been remade 3 times?
“Dracula” and “Huckleberry Finn” have been remade numerous times. “A Star Is Born” was remade three times after its original release in 1937.
What movie has the most different versions?
10 Great Movies That Have More Than Two Versions
- Blade Runner (1982) Number of versions: 7.
- Apocalypse Now (1979) Number of versions: 3.
- The Exorcist (1973) Number of versions: 5.
- Touch of Evil (1958) Number of versions: 3.
- Metropolis (1927)
What is the best movie remake of all time?
The 25 Best Movie Remakes of All Time. 1 1. Some Like It Hot (1959) Passed | 121 min | Comedy, Music, Romance. 2 2. The Maltese Falcon (1941) 3 3. The Departed (2006) 4 4. True Grit (2010) 5 5. A Star Is Born (1954)
Could anyone remake a John Wayne movie better than the original?
For western film fanatics, suggesting that anyone could remake a John Wayne movie and do it better than the original is practically heresy. That being said, if anyone was up to the task, it was the Coen brothers, as evidenced by their 2010 version of True Grit.
Is Seven Samurai a remake of a true story?
Seven Samurai— the 1954 Japanese epic samurai drama film co-written, edited, and directed by Akira Kurosawa—is one of the most remade and reworked films in cinema. The Magnificent Seven, Battle Beyond The Stars and Seven Warriors are all considered reworked versions of the epic.
Is the 2014 Godzilla remake better than the first one?
By every measure, the 2014 remake was better, garnering a worldwide gross of $529 million, a solid critical reception (75% on RT, compared to its predecessor’s 16%), and even kicked off a new cinematic universe that’s to culminate in an upcoming King Kong vs. Godzilla movie.