How do I change what page a new tab opens to in Internet Explorer?
Change the New Tab Page Click the Settings button under the Tabs section of the front tab on the Options dialog. Click the drop-down menu under When a new tab is opened, and select what you want to open when you create a new tab.
Why does Firefox open to a blank page?
In some cases, blank display problems in Firefox are caused by malware such as Trojans, rogue security programs and spyware. Some malware are known to hijack a browser, which leads to display problems and unauthorized redirection to websites that promote rogue security programs.
How do I get Firefox to open a new tab when I click on a link?
Hold down “Ctrl” and click a link to open it in a new tab.
How do I get Internet Explorer to open a new tab with keyboard?
CTRL-T: Opens a new browser tab. CTRL-W: Closes current browser tab. CTRL-TAB: Moves through browser tabs (from left to right). CTRL-SHIFT-TAB: Moves through browser tabs (right to left).
How do I remove new tab MSN from Internet Explorer?
- Step One: Exit all programs that are running.
- Step Two: Click Start, then click Control Panel.
- Step Three: In Control Panel, click Programs.
- Step Four: Click Uninstall a program.
- Step Five: Select MSN Explorer and click Uninstall.
- Step Six: Click MSN Internet Software, MSN, or MSN Internet Access, then click Uninstall.
How do I change the default page for a new tab in Firefox?
If you prefer a blank page when opening new tabs:
- In the Menu bar at the top of the screen, click Firefox and select Preferences. Click the menu button. and select Settings.
- Select the Home panel.
- Under New Windows and Tabs, select Blank Page from the New tabs drop-down menu.
How do I fix about blank in Firefox?
- Open Firefox.
- Click the 3 lines on the top right corner.
- Click Options.
- Click Advanced.
- Click General tab.
- Uncheck the option Use hardware acceleration when available.
How do I get rid of a black screen on Firefox?
Sometimes, in the middle of your browsing session, your Firefox screen may go black….Take one of the following actions to fix the problem.
- Disable Antivirus and Firewall temporarily.
- Disable any recently installed extensions.
- Disable Hardware Acceleration.
- Run Firefox in Troubleshoot mode.
- Update Display Drivers.
How do I enable new tabs in Firefox?
Change your New Tab page content
- In the Menu bar at the top of the screen, click Firefox and select Preferences. Click the menu button.
- Select the Home panel.
- Under Firefox Home Content, put a checkmark next to the sections you want to see on your New Tab page.
What does the F10 key do?
F10. In most Microsoft Windows programs, by default, F10 activates the menu bar or Ribbon of an open application. Shift + F10 is the same as right-clicking a highlighted icon, file, or Internet link. Access the hidden recovery partition on Compaq, HP, and Sony computers.
How do I stop MSN from opening in Firefox?
You should be able to go to the Startup tab of Task Manager and click Disable for any programs you don’t want to run at start up. Highlight Firefox/whatever else and the Disable button in the bottom right corner should light up, giving you the option to stop it from opening by itself.
Why does MSN Open when I open Internet Explorer?
You may see the MSN page in a randomly launch web browser if the Windows of your system fails to verify the availability of the internet due to misconfiguration of the network or blocking of the URLs by another application/device.
How do I change new tab settings in Firefox?
How do I stop Firefox from opening new Windows?
How to Stop Firefox From Opening New Windows
- Open the “Tools” menu at the top of your window.
- Click the “Tabs” icon at the top of the “Options” window.
- Click the check box next to “Open new windows in a new tab instead.” Click the “OK” button at the bottom of the “Options” window to apply your new settings.
Why do I get a blank page when I click on a link?
On the other hand, if you’ve clicked a malicious link online, the file that gets downloaded could be malware or a virus. The browser will also display the about:blank page if the code that the web server returns to the browser isn’t formatted (or doesn’t use the correct code) the way the browser understands.
How do I open a blank page in Internet Explorer?
However, if you’d rather a new tab open a blank page, here’s how to set it. For IE 9 and IE 10, click the gear icon on the right side and select Internet Options. Under General, click the Tabs button. Under “When a New Tab is Opened,” change the option to open to: A Blank Page and click OK. That’s it. Now when you open a new tab, the page is blank.
Why does Firefox keep opening new tabs after I click?
Firefox may repeatedly open new, empty tabs or windows after you click on a link, forcing you to close Firefox. The same untitled tabs or blank windows may open the next time you start Firefox if the previous session is restored.
How do I open a new tab in Internet Explorer?
When you open a new tab in Internet Explorer, its New Tab Page opens to frequently visited sites. Which is what all of the major browsers seem to do these days. If you’d rather a new tab open a blank page, here’s how to set it. For IE 9 and IE 10 click the gear icon on the right side and select Internet Options. Under General click the Tabs button.
How do I Fix my Firefox new tab from being blank?
I found the changes would only apply after restarting Firefox. Once you’ve restarted, try opening a Firefox new tab. Your normal screen with the search bar, settings cog, top sites and highlights should now be appearing. Discover how to fix your Firefox New Tab from being blank in under 5 minutes!