How do I change the spacing between letters in Word 2010?
Change the spacing between characters
- Select the text that you want to change.
- On the Home tab, click the Font Dialog Box Launcher, and then click the Advanced tab.
- In the Spacing box, click Expanded or Condensed, and then specify how much space you want in the By box.
Where is the spacing in Microsoft Word 2010?
Select the paragraphs you want to change. Go to Home > Line and Paragraph Spacing. Choose the number of line spaces you want or select Line Spacing Options, and then select the options you want under Spacing.
How do you do 1.9 spacing in Word?
To format line spacing:
- Select the text you want to format.
- Click the Line and Paragraph Spacing command in the Paragraph group on the Home tab.
- Select the desired spacing option from the drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, you can also select Line Spacing Options to open the Paragraph dialog box.
What is 1.5 spacing word?
The lines in all Word documents are single-spaced by default, which is appropriate for letters and most documents. But you can easily change your document line spacing to double or 1.5 lines to allow extra space between every line. This is useful when you want to make notes on a printed document.
Why are my letters spaced out?
To fix spacing between words, go to Find and Replace. Enter a space in both fields, then go to More > Format > Font and choose a font size. To adjust spacing between characters, go to Home, select Expand (the down-arrow) next to Font, and select the Advanced tab.
Is 1.5 or 2 double spaced?
Luckily it’s fairly easy to adjust the line spacing in Microsoft Word (the following instructions apply for Word 2007 onwards). The three most commonly used options in Microsoft Word are single spacing (1.0), double spacing (2.0) and one-and-a-half line spacing (1.5).
What is spacing in lettering?
Spacing refers to the amount of space left between the letters in a word, between the words themselves, and between lines. A neat lettering job can be ruined by improper spacing. There are two types of letter spacing, mechanical and optical.
Why is my Word spacing weird?
This particular issue is usually a result of copying from external sources, but regardless how it came about, the answer is usually the same. There is spacing set in the before and after paragraph spacing, or the spacing is set to more than single.
How do you fix a weird space between words?
What to Know
- To fix spacing between words, go to Find and Replace.
- To adjust spacing between characters, go to Home, select Expand (the down-arrow) next to Font, and select the Advanced tab.
- To change spacing between lines, go to Home and select Expand (the down-arrow) next to Paragraph and adjust the Spacing options.
How do you fix uneven spacing in word?
Change line spacing for part of your document Select the paragraphs you want to change. Select Home > Line and Paragraph Spacing, and choose the spacing you want.