What are the side effects of Gaviscon?
- This medication can cause nausea, constipation, diarrhea, or headache.
- The magnesium in this product can cause diarrhea.
- Aluminum-containing antacids bind to phosphate, an important body chemical, in the gut.
How often can you take Gaviscon tablets?
You’ll usually take Gaviscon tablets and liquid up to 4 times a day. It’s best to take it after meals and at bedtime. This is usually when the pain and discomfort is at its worst. But if your doctor has prescribed Gaviscon, take it when they tell you to.
How do you take Gaviscon chewable tablets?
- Do not swallow tablets whole.
- Chew 2-4 tablets after meals and at bedtime as needed (up to 4x a day), or as directed by a doctor. For best results follow by a half glass of water or other liquid.
- Do not take more than 16 tablets in 24 hours.
Can I lie down after taking Gaviscon?
First, take a full glass of water with these medications to wash them down. Second, do not lie down for 30-60 minutes after taking these pills.
Is Gaviscon good for stomach gas?
It not only creates a protective barrier over your stomach to stop refluxing acid causing discomfort, it also neutralises excess stomach acid. This effective two-pronged approach helps to relieve you from discomfort.
Can Gaviscon be taken on an empty stomach?
You should not take Gaviscon on an empty stomach. This is because the medicine will be passed out of your stomach within about 20 minutes of taking it. 4 To ensure the greatest effectiveness, take Gaviscon after meals.
How quickly does Gaviscon work?
How long does it take for Gaviscon to work? Gaviscon Original Liquid and Gaviscon Dual Action Liquid start to provide soothing relief from the symptoms of heartburn from as little as 4 minutes.
Does Gaviscon stop bloating?
Treat your symptoms instantly with Gaviscon Double Action and get fast dual relief from heartburn and indigestion. Symptoms treated: Burning in chest (Heartburn) Bloating and indigestion.
Does Gaviscon raise blood pressure?
If you have heart disease or high blood pressure – GAVISCON DOUBLE ACTION TABLETS contains sodium (salt) and may worsen heart disease or high blood pressure. If you have kidney disease, electrolyte imbalances (e.g. low calcium).